How To Make Wintery Wonderland Skin & Lip Balm Recipe
This versatile recipe offers you many different options depending on your packaging, labeling and fragrance/flavoring choices. You can call this a Cuticle Stick/Balm, Gardener’s Stick/Balm, Chap Balm or Lip Balm … the choice is yours!
This formula works great on any extra dry patches of skin, dry cracked heels or elbows and on wind chapped skin areas especially a concern in the winter months. This handy recipe works great as a lip balm as well, simply adding one of our many lip flavors instantly creates a lip balm that will soon become a favorite!
For this formula, we’re choosing specialty oils such as jojoba (really a wax close to our skin’s natural sebum), and Apricot Kernel for its lightweight feel, moisturizing and anti-oxidant properties.
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Yield: 4.6 oz
- Prep Time / Clean Up: 15 Minutes
- Perform Time: 45 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 Hour
- Double Boiler for Melting (If you don’t have a double boiler, you can use a stainless steel pan and a stainless steel cookie cutter to keep the pitcher from coming in contact with the bottom of the pan.) (can also be CAREFULLY microwaved)
- Heat Safe Glass Measuring Cup or Funnel Pitcher
- Stir Stick or Spoon for Sitrring
- Pipettes (for fragrence)
- Digital Scale
- 90-91% Isopropyl Alcohol (for sanitizing supplies and clean-up)
- Paper Towels
- Containers of your choice to fit a total of 4.6 oz. (You may cut it in half as long as you keep the proportions of waxes and oils equal.)
Here are Some Options:
- 1.3 oz / 37 g White Beeswax Pastilles or Natural Beeswax Pastilles
- 1.3 oz / 37 g Apricot Kernel Oil
- 1 oz / 28 g Golden Jojoba Oil
- 0.5 oz / 14 g Castor Oil
- 0.5 oz / 14 g Natural Vitamin E
- 0.05 oz / 1.3 g Peppermint Essential Oil (1%) (Optional) or 0.14 oz / 4 g (up to 3%) Creme de Menthe Flavor Oil (Optional) or any Lip Flavor Oil
Melt Beeswax in double boiler until melted.
Add Apricot Kernel, Jojoba, Castor and Vitamin E Oils and stir until melted.
Add Seasonal Flair!
For Skin & Lip Sticks/Balms Add 0.05 oz / 1.3 g (1%) Peppermint Essential Oil
For Flavored Lip Balms Add up to 0.14 oz / 4 g (3%) Seasonally Inspired Lip Flavor (Creme de Menthe, Mint Chocolate Chip or Snickerdoodle are perfect choices!)
Pour into Lip Balm Tubes and allow to harden.
Label and use.
PDF DOWNLOAD FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE
SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA