How to Make Solid Perfume
Solid perfumes are a wonderful way to experience your favorite essential oils and make a terrific gift for all of your friends and family. These little perfumes are a snap to make and a great way to experiment with essential oil blends. You can either use one of the blends suggested below, or formulate your own concoction. Click Here to check out our essential oil guide for more ideas.
These solid perfumes are made using clear, deodorized jojoba oil and white beeswax pastilles. Jojoba is a light, non-greasy oil that has a very long shelf-life, making it perfect for a perfume. Our white beeswax pastilles are deodorized, so they won’t interfere with your fragrance. You can substitute Natural Golden Beeswax Pastilles, if you like, giving your perfumes a faint honey aroma.
If you are lucky enough to find a vintage perfume locket at the thrift store, you can use this recipe to refill it with your favorite scent. Just make sure to thoroughly clean the old perfume out of the locket first using 91% isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swab first.
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Yield: 6 Tins, 0.59 oz / 16.7 g each
- Prep Time / Clean Up: 5 Minutes
- Perform Time: 5 Minutes
- Setting Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 Minutes, 10 Minutes Active Time
- Digital Scale
- Spray Bottle w/ 70% Isopropyl Alcohol
- Small Spoon or Spatula
- Small Microwaveable Bowl
- Microwave or Double Boiler and Stovetop
- 4 x 0.5 oz Shallow Round Tins w/ Threaded Lids
- 2.1 oz / 71 g Clear Deodorized Jojoba Oil
- 0.88 oz / 25 g Beeswax
- 0.14 oz / 4 g / about 4 mL Essential Oils of Your Choice
Here are some Essential Oil combination ideas:
- 2 g Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- 1 g Lavender 40/42 Essential Oil
- 0.5 g Spearmint Essential Oil
- 0.5 g Peppermint Essential Oil
Before starting this tutorial please make sure to read all instructions. Use caution when handling melted oils. Spray work surface, utensils and ramekin with 70% isopropanol and wipe with paper towels.
Place the beeswax and jojoba oil in a small microwaveable bowl. Microwave for 60 seconds, stirring every 20 seconds, or until fully melted. Stir in the essential oils.
Use a pipette to carefully fill the tins with the solid perfume.
Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to set. Screw on the lids on and enjoy!
PDF DOWNLOAD FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE
SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA