How to Make Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Tabs
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Yield: 8 Clamshells x 6 Tabs/Clamshell = 48 Tabs
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Perform Time: 20 Minutes
- Drying Time: 3 Hours
- Total Time: 3 Hours 30 Minutes (30 minutes active time)
- Digital Scale
- Pipettes for Fragrance or Essential Oils
- Mixing Bowl
- Latex or Neoprene Gloves
- 8 x 6-Cavity Clamshell Molds
- 10 oz / 284 g (59%) Baking Soda
- 5 oz / 142 g (30%) Citric Acid
- 0.125 oz / 3.5 g (0.7%) White Kaolin Clay
- 0.25 oz / 7.1 g (1.4%) Cream of Tartar, available at any grocery store in the spice aisle.
- 0.25 oz / 7.1 g (1.4%) Apricot Kernel Oil, or other light carrier oil of your choice
- 0.5 oz / 14.2 g (3%) Peppermint Essential Oil
- 0.5 oz / 14.2 g (3%) Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 0.5 oz / 14.2 g (3%) 91% Isopropyl (Rubbing) Alcohol, available at any pharmacy.
Before starting this tutorial please make sure to read all instructions.
Use disposable pipets when dispensing essential oils.
Do not place undiluted essential oils in plastic ware.
Carefully weigh all ingredients before you start working.
The percentage of essential oils in this product is higher than is considered skin-safe, so wear gloves when mixing.
Step 1 – Mix Ingredients
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly using your (gloved!) hands.
Step 2 – Fill Molds
Using your hands, fill each mold.
Firmly press mixture into each cavity using your fingers. You can also clean up the edges between the cavities using your fingers. Continue filling molds until all eight are filled.
Step 3 – Dry and Enjoy!
Allow the molds to dry uncovered for 3 hours or overnight. Snap the covers shut. Your shower tabs are now ready to use and enjoy!
To use, pop 1-2 tabs out of the clamshell mold. They should unmold quite easily. Place on the floor of the shower away from the spray of the shower. As drops of water fall and the tab, it will slowly fizz and release its scent. Inhale and enjoy!
PDF DOWNLOAD FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE
SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA