How to Make Orange and Almond Tub Truffles
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Yield: 20-24 x 1 ¼” Truffles
- Prep Time / Clean Up: 5 Minutes
- Perform Time: 20 Minutes
- Drying Time: 45 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes, 25 Minutes Active Time
- Digital Scale
- Silicone Mold (with 1 ¼” square cavities, or any small plastic or silicone mold)
- 2 x Funnel Pitchers
- Spoon or Spatula
- 10.2 oz / 290 g Bath Bomb & Fizzy Base (58%)
- 5.8 oz / 165 g Cocoa Butter (33%)
- 0.88 oz / 25 g Emulsifying Wax (5%)
- 0.53 oz / 15 g Sweet Orange Essential Oil (3%)
- 0.18 oz / 5 g Almond Fragrance Oil (1%)
- Orange Liquid Colorant or Water-Soluble Liquid Colorant of Your Choice
- 1-2 tsp Poppy Seeds (available from the grocery store.)
Before starting this tutorial please make sure to read all instructions. Use caution when handling melted oils. Do not weigh fragrance oils into plastic containers; use glass or stainless steel.
Step 1 – Make The Truffle Base
Combine the cocoa butter and emulsifying wax in a small funnel pitcher and microwave for about 4 minutes on high power, or until melted, stirring midway through. Set aside to cool briefly.
Add the bath bomb base and stir until smooth. Add the fragrance oil and stir to combine. Divide the mixture evenly into two funnel pitchers. Set one pitcher aside.
Add five drops of liquid colorant to one of the funnel pitchers or more to achieve desired shade. Stir to combine.
Step 2 – Pour The First Layer
Fill the cavities of the mold halfway with the orange-colored mixture. Freeze for 20 minutes, or until solid. (Tip: To prevent spills, place your mold in the freezer before you fill it and pour your truffles in the freezer. Alternatively, place a baking tray under your mold before pouring to make transferring your truffles easier.)
Step 3 – Finish The Truffles
Stir the uncolored truffle mixture. Pour on top of the orange layer. Sprinkle with poppy seeds. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until firm.
Unmold your truffles. To use, fill the bathtub with hot water and drop in 1-2 truffles. Allow to fizz. Enjoy your luxurious, moisturizing bath!
PDF DOWNLOAD FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE
SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Share this tutorial on Facebook
Tweet about this tutorial