How to Make Lavender Lemon Relaxing Fizzy Bath Salts
Who doesn’t love to relax after a long day at work? We know we do! And that is what inspired us to create this super simple tutorial for you. Lay back and relax after a long day at work soaking in a warm tub scented with these Relaxing Fizzy Bath Salts!
Our ready to use Bath Bomb and Fizzy Base offers you an easy way to create this delightfully fizzy soak without adding more work to your already busy day!
Need some inspiration for creating your own blend of essential oils? Click Here to check out our guide!
Adding a pop of color to these salts is easy using any of our Water Soluble Liquid Colorants and Solar Sea Bath Salts. If you prefer uncolored salts simply omit the colorant from this tutorial for a more simple, natural look to your Relaxing Fizzy Soak.
Note: Polysorbate 80 is used in this recipe to disperse the essential oils throughout the bathwater. Do not leave this ingredient out! Undispersed essential oils will float to the top of the water in concentrated pockets and be a nasty surprise for your sensitive parts!
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Yield: 4.4 lbs / 2 kg of Bath Salts (enough to fill 5 half quart mason jars)
- Prep Time / Clean Up: 5 Minutes
- Perform Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- Digital Scale
- Large Stainless Steel or Glass Mixing Bowl
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Spoon or Spatula
- Measuring Spoons
- Latex or Nitrile Gloves
- Jar Funnel (optional)
- Mason Jars or Other Containers (you will need containers for 2 ½ quarts of salts)
- 25.4 oz / 720 g Bath Bomb & Fizzy Base (36%)
- 17.6 oz / 500 g Solar Sea Bath Salts (25%)
- 24.7 oz Epsom Salt (Available at pharmacies) (35%)
- 5 ml / 1 tsp Purple Liquid Colorant or Water-Soluble Liquid Colorant of Your Choice (optional)
- 1.4 oz / 40 g Polysorbate 80 (2%)
- 0.71 oz / 20 g Lavender 40/42 Essential Oil (1%)
- 0.71 oz / 20 g Lemon, California Essential Oil (1%)
Before starting this tutorial please make sure to read all instructions. Do not weigh fragrance oils into plastic containers; use glass or stainless steel. Use gloves when mixing to keep your manicure from getting scratched.
Step 1 – Mix the Bath Bomb Base
Combine the essential oils and Polysorbate 80 in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
Add in the Bath Bomb and Fizzy Base and Epsom salt. Mix thoroughly with your hands. Set aside.
Step 2 – Mix the Colored Salts In
Place the Solar Sea Bath Salt in a medium mixing bowl. Add 1 tsp of Purple Liquid Colorant. Mix until the salts are completely coated. Pour the colored salt into the bowl with the Epsom salt mixture. Use your hands to mix everything together.
Step 3 – Transfer to Mason Jars
Transfer the finished fizzy salts to Mason jars using a jar funnel. You can also package the salts in decorative jars or plastic bags.
SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA