How to Make Lavender Bath Tea
- Large Stainless Steel or Glass Mixing Bowl (big enough to fit 96 oz)
- Smaller Mixing Bowl for Dendritic Salt and Essential Oil (not plastic)
- 16 x 3″x5″ Drawstring Muslin Bags or 8 x 4″x6″ Drawstring Muslin Bags
- Pipettes or Teaspoon (for essential oil)
- Wire Whisk
- Mixing Spoon
- Mini Plastic Scoop (optional)
- Digital Scale or Measuring Cups
- 4.3 oz / 123 g / 1/2 cup Dendritic Salt
- 0.25 oz / 7 g / 2 tsp Lavender 40/42 Essential Oil
- 4.3 oz / 123 g / 1 cup Powdered Goat Milk or Powdered Buttermilk
- 7 oz / 198 g / 2 cups Whole Oats
- 3.7 oz / 104 g / 1/2 cup Epsom Salt
- 7 oz / 198 g / 3/4 cup Baking Soda
- 3 oz / 87 g / 3 cups Lavender Buds Extra or Lavender Buds Super Blue
- 27 oz / 766 g / 3 cups Solar Sea Bath Salts or Sea Salt
Mix Dendritic Salt and Lavender Essential Oil in a bowl and set aside.
In larger bowl mix the Powdered Goat Milk or Powdered Buttermilk, Epsom Salt, and Baking Soda.
Add Whole Oats, Lavender Buds, and Solar Sea Bath Salts or Sea Salt and mix until combined.
Mix the Dendritic Salt/Lavender Essential Oil combination with other mixed ingredients and place approximately 1/2 cup in each 3×5 inch Muslin Drawstring Bag or 1 cup in each 4×6 inch Muslin Drawstring Bag.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Let water flow on bath tea bag while filling the tub. Enjoy a long soak in the tub while the salts and milk powder dissolve and the lovely scent is released. Dispose of bag after one use.
Note: When used, the tea creates a purplish tint to the water. For this reason it is always best to start with a clean tub (otherwise the color may tint any soap scum already present).
You can make more or less of this recipe as long as proportions remain the same.
Approximately 1 cup (6.8 oz / 194 g) fits in each 4×6 inch bag and ½ cup (3.4 oz / 97 g) fits in each 3×5 inch bag.
When used, the tea creates a purplish tint to the water. For this reason it is always best to start with a clean tub (otherwise the color may tint any soap scum already present).
PDF DOWNLOAD FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE
SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA