How to Make Chocolate Tub Truffles
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Yield: 20-24 x 1 ¼” Truffles
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Perform Time: 20 Minutes
- Drying Time: 45 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes, 25 Minutes active time
- Digital Scale
- Silicone Mold (with 1 ¼” square cavities or any small plastic or silicone mold)
- Funnel Pitchers
- Small Microwaveable Bowl
- Wire Rack
- Baking Sheet or Tray
- ¼ Cup Measure (or other measuring cup)
- Disposable Piping Bag or Zip Top Bag
- Paper Candy Cup Liners (optional)
- Candy Box (optional)
- Tissue Paper (optional)
- Spoon or Spatula
- 10.2 oz / 290 g Bath Bomb and Fizzy Base (58%)
- 5.8 oz / 165 g Cocoa Butter (33%)
- 0.88 oz / 25 g Emulsifying Wax, NF (5%)
- 0.71 oz / 20 g Chocolate Delight Fragrance Oil or Fragrance of Your Choice (4%)
- Pretty Pink Liquid Colorant or Color of Your Choice
- 1-2 tsp Cake Sprinkles (available from the grocery store)
Before starting this tutorial please make sure to read all instructions. Use caution when handling melted oils. Do not weigh fragrance oils into plastic containers; use glass or stainless steel.
Step 1 – Make the truffle base
Combine the cocoa butter and emulsifying wax in a small a funnel pitcher in the microwave for about 4 minutes on high power, or until melted, stirring midway through. Set aside to cool briefly.
Add the bath bomb base and stir until smooth. Add the fragrance oil and stir to combine.
Remove approximately ¼ cup of the mixture to a small microwaveable bowl and set aside.
Add three drops of liquid colorant to the mixture in the funnel pitcher or more to achieve desired shade. Stir to combine.
Pour the colored mixture in the silicone mold. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until firm. (Tip: To prevent spills, place your mold in the freezer before you fill it and pour your truffles in the freezer. Alternatively, place a baking tray under your mold before pouring to make transferring your truffles easier.)
Step 2 – Prepare the frosting
Stir the reserved truffle mixture and microwave it 5-10 seconds until it is fluid. Place the mixture in a disposable piping bag or zip top bag.
Snip the tip off the piping bag with scissors. Test the flow of the frosting on a dinner plate or the counter. If the frosting doesn’t flow easily, microwave it for 5 seconds. If it is too thick, place it in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
Step 3 – Frost the truffles
Unmold your truffles and place on a wire rack set over a baking sheet or tray. Drizzle the frosting over the truffles.
Sprinkle the truffles with the cake sprinkles. Press lightly on the truffles to help the sprinkles adhere. Allow to dry for 15 minutes. Place in paper liners and pack in a tissue-lined box (optional). The truffles are now ready to give to your sweetheart!
To use, fill the bath tub with hot water and drop in 1-2 truffles. Allow to fizz. Enjoy your luxurious, moisturizing bath!
PDF DOWNLOAD FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE
SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA